The Resource Enduring issues in criminology, Ron Boostrom
- Enduring issues in criminology, Ron Boostrom
- Statement of responsibility
- Ron Boostrom
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- What should criminologists study? Criminologists should study political ideology / Walter B. Miller -- Criminologists should study convicted criminals / Paul W. Tappan -- Criminologists should study social conditions / Herman and Julia Schwendinger -- Criminologists should study white collar crime / Edwin H. Sutherland -- Criminologists must broaden their field of study beyond crime and criminals / Clifford D. Shearing. What is the purpose of law and the administration of justice? The purpose of law is social control / Roscoe Pound -- The purpose of the law is to insure a safe and orderly society / Patrick R. Anderson and Donald J. Newman -- The function of law must go beyond crime prevention and control / David E. Duffee -- The law serves the interests of the power elite /Richard Quinney. Controlling drugs is an appropriate use of criminal law / James Q. Wilson -- Controlling drugs is not an appropriate use of criminal law and the administration of justice / Todd Austin Brenner -- What causes criminal behavior? Primitive physiological characteristics cause criminal behavior / Gina Lombroso-Ferrero -- Society creates criminal behavior / Randall Collins -- Criminal behavior is caused by biological and neuropsychiatric differences / C. Ray Jeffery. Criminal behavior is learned / Ronald L. Boostrom and Joel H. Henderson -- The criminal justice system creates crime / Howard S. Becker -- Lack of self-control causes crime / Michael R. Gottfredson and Travis Hirschi -- How should society react to crime? Crime can be deterred by effective and efficient punishment / Ernest van den Haag -- Punishment will not deter criminal behavior / Henry N. Pontell. Criminal justice should focus on incapacitating high-rate offenders / Kenneth R. Feinberg -- Selective incapacitation of high-rate offenders will not work / Samuel Walker -- Rehabilitation should be the goal of crime control / Clemens Bartollas -- Rehabilitation is a costly myth / Falcon Baker -- What is the future of criminology? Future technology will solve old crime problems / Gene Stephens. Criminals will become more sophisticated / Richter H. Moore Jr. -- Criminologists must study and implement natural crime prevention / Marcus Felson -- Criminologists must promote human rights / Robert Elias
- Contents (Chapter titles only): Ch. 1. What should criminologists study? (p.13) -- Ch. 2. What is the purpose of law and the administration of justice? (p.64) -- Ch. 3. What causes criminal behavior? (p.121) -- Ch. 4. How should society react to crime? (p.184)
- 22 cm.
- 310 p.
- Isbn Type
- System control number
ContextContext of Enduring issues in criminology, Ron Boostrom
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Enduring issues in criminology, Ron Boostrom
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.rochsma.selco.info/resource/YxWNEv-jJO8/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.rochsma.selco.info/resource/YxWNEv-jJO8/">Enduring issues in criminology, Ron Boostrom</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.rochsma.selco.info/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.rochsma.selco.info/">Mayo High School</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Mayo High School. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...